[Foundation-l] A question for American Wikimedians

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Nov 18 19:21:45 UTC 2010

In a message dated 11/18/2010 9:14:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
millosh at gmail.com writes:

> As it is pointed to me privately, I have one corrections and one
> clarifications:
> * First, my impression wasn't that Obama was raised inside of the
> African American culture (first meaning). However, it is pointed to me
> that he was; which means that I was wrong in relation to his cultural
> background.
> * Second, it is obviously not clear that inside of the construction
> "which ancestors came there as slaves" I was referring to the culture
> developed by slaves and their descendants , not to the genes.

This is not correct.  Barack was born in Hawaii, not known for having a
large black culture.  His father left the family early.  Barack's white mother,
married again and moved to Indonesian with Barack where he lived for some
years.  He then returned to his white grandparents living in Hawaii where he
attended Junior High and High schools.

He was not raised in an African American culture at all.