[Foundation-l] A question for American Wikimedians

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 17 22:16:48 UTC 2010

Hello,

In fact, I cannot remember that I have ever met in Germany or the
Netherlands a Turkish or Moroccan Wikimedian. Maybe there was one, but
he spoke good German and presented himself as User:Encylco-dude81 so
that I did not notice the "migration background". :-)

According to the statistics only 0.2% of the page views in Germany go
to Wikipedia in Turkish, by the way.Turks in Germany belong largely to
social classes that tend not to read much in an encyclopedia, and when
they need one for school, they presumably copy their homework from
Wikipedia in German.

Kind regards
Ziko

--