[Foundation-l] Should we offer to host citizendium?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Nov 12 22:37:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 5:29 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> So we giving another $1300 to Milton Beychok quickly, wrapped in
> sufficient legalese that we know it goes towards the hosting.
> Then he and others can sleep easy, and focus on more important things.

I'd say for the WMF to do so, without even knowing what happened to
the other tens of thousands of dollars in donations, nor knowing what
happened to the $1800 that they had days ago, nor knowing why the
Tides Center dropped them, nor knowing why their hosting bill is so
outrageous, would be grossly incompetent.

> We are talking about chump change here.

Feel free to donate it yourself, then.