[Foundation-l] Should we offer to host citizendium?

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Nov 12 22:12:53 UTC 2010

In a message dated 11/12/2010 2:06:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jayvdb at gmail.com writes:

> WMF are running a huge fundraising appeal now.  We can easily spare
> $2100 in order to pay for their current hosting arrangements for the
> next three months, which should give them sufficient time to get
> themselves back on their feet again. >>

Yes those 14,000 articles out of which 180 have passed strict expert review
are certainly enormously more important to us, than just... I don't know...
using that money to improve our own project.  So we're paying ten bucks an
article now?  I know several people who could use that ten bucks.

Citizendium, of all wiki forks, is perhaps the *least* worth our time and
money.

That's just my opinion.