[Foundation-l] Should we offer to host citizendium?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Nov 12 20:11:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Anirudh Bhati <anirudhsbh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On 12 November 2010 17:34, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
>> Oh, well what's the point of that?  Might as well just give them
>> money, as the WMF would just be purchasing those ISP services from
>> someone else anyway.
>>
>> "Geni" mentioned "offering a level of support equivalent to our
>> smaller projects", which is most definitely *not* "just providing ISP
>> services".
>
> Yep, better offer them a short-term grant to cover hosting costs than
> deal with ethical and legal issues.
>
> Anirudh Bhati

Yeah.  Problem with that is that "they" don't yet exist.  Apparently
donations through paypal are going to the personal paypal account of
Milton Beychok, because in the 4 years since Citizendium was founded
they never even bothered to incorporate (or even set up an
unincorporated association).  They've been using the tax ID of the
Tides Center, and the Tides Center has cut them off, for reasons which
have still not come to light.