[Foundation-l] Should we offer to host citizendium?

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Nov 12 15:35:41 UTC 2010

In a message dated 11/12/2010 2:13:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jayvdb at gmail.com writes:

> I agree with everything except whether or not they are in line with
> our basic values.  They may not align with Wikipedia's values, but as
> a separate project they dont need to be; instead they need to fit
> within the core values that all our projects have in common. >>

And they don't.  As pointed out they have POV and also they are
credentialist.  They do not invite the world to contribute, they effectively bar the
majority of the world from contributing.

They are not a meritocracy.  They are instead an authoritarian oligarchy.
Of course the same criticism has been leveled at us, but then we don't
actually engrain it in our principle policies.