[Foundation-l] PediaPress

SlimVirgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 06:44:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 00:07, Liam Wyatt <liamwyatt at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are several examples of commercial services being used in Wikimedia
> projects that are integrated in a way that is acceptable because they
> further our mission of sharing free-cultural resources effectively:

Liam, none of the examples you give has a presence on every article.

The issue is that this private company has a button at the side of
every page on one of the most popular sites on the Web.

If I were to set up Virgin Ventures to write high-quality,
policy-compliant articles for companies and people that needed them --
benefiting the subjects, the readers, and Wikipedia -- might I be
given a button in the toolbox too? "Red link? Click here for the
Virgin!"

I would promise to give Wikimedia 50 percent of the profits.

I hope you'll consider this generous offer.

Sarah

--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SlimVirgin