[Foundation-l] Copyright terms, again

Andrea Zanni zanni.andrea84 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 19:27:40 UTC 2010

2010/11/10 Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>

> We are discussing now at WM RS list about treating copyright terms for
> Serbian authors.
>
> Terms are:
> * Previous situation was 50 years after author's death.
> * The new copyright term in Serbia came in 2004, introducing 70 years
> after author's death.
> * That means that works which authors died in 1953 or before is
> something like CC-BY (as in any continental jurisdiction).

Sorry for nitpicking, but I don't understand the 1953.
If you have 50 years, it should be 1960 (or 1959, if it is 50+1)
As well, if you have 70 years, it should be 1940 (or 1939, if it is 70+1,
and this is the case of most european countries I think).
Probably there's something related to the year of the new law coming in
(2004), but I do not understand.

Aubrey