[Foundation-l] No, even a couple of Google ads on each page would be a fa...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Nov 7 22:35:08 UTC 2010

In a message dated 11/7/2010 2:03:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jayvdb at gmail.com writes:

> > I'm also skeptical that any sort of tab that is just a click here to
> see
> > ads will be very productive.  I'm also skeptical that manually placed
> and
> > manually monitored,  internet advertising even pays for the wages of the
> worker.
> >
> > This is why Google uses automagic.  And why everyone else does as well.
>
> Not everyone.  There are still many websites that only have a few
> sponsors.
>
> --
> John Vandenberg

The number of sponsors is not related to the question of whether they are
manually placing and monitoring ads on a page by page basis.
Sites with few sponsors can also be rotating ads through automagic, so it's
not a question of the number of sponsors.

My counter point was that the issue of placing relevant ads manually, is
financial suicide, as the income from individual ads is minimal.  My point
being, that the income from individual ads placed, is far less than the wages
paid to the human ad placer and monitor.