[Foundation-l] Misplaced Reliance, was Re: Paid editing, was Re: Ban and...

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 01:16:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 3:36 AM,  <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
>..
> There have been plenty of studies on drugs, which were not paid for, by
> anyone with a vested monetary interest in changing the drug's market outlook.
> Being flippant as John was, hardly forwards the conversation.

The point I was making is that there is a lot of different types of
research, funded by different groups with different agendas.

The PLOS Medicine article is based on a dataset of 78 interventional
studies, 81 observational studies, and only 47 scientific reviews.
Also, they do not dissect the data based on the reputability of the
publishing venue.

We should only use peer-reviewed research published in reputable
journals, which eliminates vast quantities of 'research'.

--
John Vandenberg