[Foundation-l] Misplaced Reliance, was Re: Paid editing, was Re: Ban and...

Arlen Beiler arlenbee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 17:07:36 UTC 2010

Precisely my feeling on this. I just recently read that out of over 40
studies on something, only ~7 claimed they had no ill side effects (6 of
those being FDA tests). I don't remember where I saw it, but that is
basically how it was, I think. It is common knowledge that manufacture
funded research is much less critical, and sometimes the results are totally
different from what the recipients experience. That is probably why people
thought it would be bad-mouthing to say that the manufacture funded the
research.