[Foundation-l] Removing questions about me and my role from this discussion

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia-inc.com
Sun May 9 09:46:50 UTC 2010

In the interest of encouraging this discussion to be about real
philosophical/content issues, rather than be about me and how quickly I
acted, I've just now removed virtually all permissions to actually do
things from the "Founder" flag.  I even removed my ability to edit
semi-protected pages!  (I've kept permissions related to 'viewing' things.)

I do not want to be a tyrant or dictator.  I do not want us to fight
about that kind of thing, as it's really a distraction from our work.

What I'm interested in is this video:
http://www.vimeo.com/8709616

Please watch it - it's 8 minutes long, and well worth it.  This video
moved me deeply - it shows what our real impact on the world is, and I
think if you watch it, you'll feel the way that I did.

As for now, I'm going to log off until tomorrow.  I'll be at the
Wikimeet in London later today.

--
Jimmy Wales

Please follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/jimmy_wales