[Foundation-l] Board members positions toward Jimmy's last action

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Sat May 8 16:37:46 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 9:31 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 May 2010 17:29, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, we as a community don't require such individual statements about
>> any other issue; I realize this may be a personal dealbreaker for you
>> but it doesn't seem like the single most important issue of our day.
>> I'd much rather hear what individual board members think about
>> strategy or the budget, which is of much more lasting import for how
>> the foundation gets run.
>

> It's board members directly asserting control over content. Of course
> it's a major issue.

I don't disagree, but I meant what I said about *single* most important issue!

And I'm not sure that's how I'd frame it. The board statement seemed
pretty clear; reaffirming existing policy. I guess it depends a bit on
what capacity you think Jimmy was acting in; this is not the first
time in the last decade that he's used bold action to get us to
rethink content policies.
-- phoebe