[Foundation-l] Jimbo Wales acting outside his remit

Adam Cuerden cuerden at gmail.com
Sat May 8 13:11:02 UTC 2010

Really, Mr. Wales? Let's review what you actually wrote.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk%3AJimbo_Wales&action=historysubmit&diff=38891861&oldid=38891748

"I have redeleted the image for the duration of the cleanup project. We will
have a solid discussion about whether Commons should ever host pornography
and under what circumstances at a later day - June 1st will be a fine time
to start.--[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo Wales]] ([[User talk:Jimbo
Wales#top|<span class="signature-talk">talk</span>]]) 17:31, 7 May 2010
(UTC)"

"For the duration of the cleanup project",  "at a later day", etc.
And that is not your only statement in that line.

"<jwales> I think that'll be a great one to discuss re-introducing
after we determine whether or not Commons should host pornographic
files at all" - IRC message on the Bavros art.

I'm sure one could sift through and find many other examples of you
insisting that we cannot discuss keping erotic artworks until after
you're done deleting all of them.