[Foundation-l] Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri May 7 20:12:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Jan-Bart de Vreede
<janbart at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Speaking for myself I can state that Jimmy is a part of the community and that the board statement is in support of both his and the other administrators who have taken the initiative to clean up commons.
>
> Also, I would refer you to Jimmy's talk page on commons, as there is an active discussion going on there.

Did you see what Jimmy deleted? For example, Franz von Bayros painting
[1]. That guy is not so famous, but I don't see anymore any sane rule,
except: What Jimmy's sexually impaired super rich friend wish, Jimmy
do and then Board transform into the rule or a statement.

Besides the fact that he was dealing just with Western taboos of naked
body and sexual act, not with Mohamed cartoons [2] at English
Wikipedia, where he is the God King.

If the Board stays behind such action, this is a very clear signal
that Wikimedia projects are becoming censored. And if Jyllands-Posten
Muhammad cartoons won't be deleted, then Wikimedia projects are a tool
of Western cultural imperialism.

I want to hear other Board members before making my decision about staying here.

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_von_Bayros (yes, similar to
that one, which is inside of the article)
[2] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten_Muhammad_cartoons_controversy