[Foundation-l] Call for Wikimania Scholarship Applications

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 22:11:02 UTC 2010

2010/3/25 Isabell Long <isabell121 at gmail.com>:
> On 24 March 2010 22:41, Cary Bass <cary at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> The call for applications for Wikimania Scholarships to attend
>> Wikimania 2010 <https://wm10schols.wikimedia.org/>in Gdansk, Poland
>> (July 9-11) is now open. The Wikimedia Foundation offers Scholarships
>> to pay for selected individuals' round trip travel, accommodations,
>> and registration at the conference.
>
> I just noticed that!  Wow!  Is there any lower age limit for
> Wikimania?  I mean, do you have to be a certain age to attend?  I
> might well apply if that's not the case or I'm old enough (16) - it is
> in Poland after all and I have never been to Poland, fascinating
> country and for a Wikimedia conference as well - wow!

If you are from EU you need a valid ID card. If from outside you need
a passport. It would be good if you have a written and hand-signed
agreement of your parents that you can attend Wikimania and freely
travel in Poland. You won't legally attend some late evening meetings,
as it is strictly forbiden to provide alcoholic beverages to people
below 18, and organisers won't be able to control if you drink beer or
not :-)

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/