[Foundation-l] Subscription to the Wikimedia Announcements list for foundation-l

James Alexander jamesofur at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 04:23:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:13 AM, K. Peachey <p858snake at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> @James: Do we really need this? Announce is/should be apparently set
> to forward any announcements as necessary already via the MM admin
> interface, although when the previous announcements were sent it was
> still a baby/new list and experienced some teething issues, And all
> replies are automatically sent to foundation-l even if the original
> message doesn't make it.

If there is a better way I'm more then happy with it but I do think we need
it sending the announcements to both especially since the reply address is
foundation-l. Getting replies to an email you haven't seen
is excruciating :) It also makes sense to have this be the "verbose" list
while that has just the announcements (which was the idea I thought it was
meant for). Subscribing foundation-l to Wikimedia Announcements-l just
seemed like the easiest way to do it at least from my end :).

I actually wonder if Sue didn't get the email because of her settings or
email client.. I'm not sure if it is in the mailing list settings or if it's
gmail but I do not get a copy of an email I sent out and if I remember
correctly there was a mailing list option for that... I don't always
remember correctly though :).

James Alexander
james.alexander at rochester.edu
jamesofur at gmail.com