[Foundation-l] Is Google translation is good for Wikipedias?

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 28 16:10:03 UTC 2010

Mark Williamson:
> GTTK can be used as a force of good if someone puts in the appropriate
> time and effort; when used _properly_ by a careful, knowledgeable

> It is my thought that the huge problem here is lack of engagement with
> communities. Essentially, Google swooped down and started dropping

Agreed. Again, in my experience it is quicker and delivers more
quality to translate by your own. If others have different experiences
(it may depend on the language), okay. It seems that something went
very wrong when telling people who to contribute to a Wikipedia
language version. Could you report more about that, Mark?

Kind regards
Ziko

--
Ziko van Dijk