[Foundation-l] Push translation

Shiju Alex shijualexonline at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 10:55:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:

> 4) Include a list of most needed articles for people to create, rather
> than random articles that will be of little use to local readers. Some
> articles, such as those on local topics, have the added benefit of
> encouraging more edits and community participation since they tend to
> generate more interest from speakers of a language in my experience.

This list will automatically come if Google engage the wiki community for
their project for a particular language. But for some wikipedias there is no
active wiki community. So how this issue can be solved?

Selection of the articles for translation is an important part for this
project. Definitely http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vital_articles is
a good choice for this. Community might also be interested in some other
important articles (important with respect to the social/ cultural/geography
of the speakers of that language). So engaging local wiki community is most
important

 ~Shiju