[Foundation-l] Discussion Questions for Potentially-Objectionable Content

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 15:07:03 UTC 2010

I was not aware of the Flickr situation in Germany. Are some of their servers based in Germany?

As far as I am aware, the German Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien[1] and the Kommission für Jugendmedienschutz (KJM) are limited in what they can do about internet offerings registered abroad. This is information which I received from them upon request.

They told me all they can do is contact their counterparts in the respective country, express their concern, and ask for their support.

A.

[1] http://www.bundespruefstelle.de/bpjm/information-in-english.html