[Foundation-l] Push translation

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 05:45:26 UTC 2010

Bence, that's a different topic - MAT (Machine Aided Translation), and
in the case of Bengali, I believe simply the use of a translation
memory system. Some of the comments on that page seem to be quite
misinformed, ranging from people who thought Google was inserting
unrevised machine translations into Wikipedia articles (that would be
a disaster), to people suggesting (begging?) Google allow the user
community to localize their UI (they already do - Facebook took the
idea from Google!). Oh, also, somebody protesting the fact that the
Spanish language was not mentioned in the post and suggesting that
such an omission must mean Google hates Spain. I only saw one comment
on that page that didn't make me want to bang my head on the keyboard
(but such is the Internet, right?)

-m.