[Foundation-l] Push translation

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 00:57:29 UTC 2010

Translation between wikis currently exists as a largely pulling
paradigm: Someone on the target wiki finds an article in another
language (English for example) and then pulls it to their language
wiki.

These days Google and other translate tools are good enough to use as
the starting basis for an translated article, and we can consider how
we make use of them in an active way. What is largely a "pull"
paradigm can also be a "push" paradigm - we can use translation tools
to "push" articles to other wikis.

If there are issues, they can be overcome. The fact of the matter is
that the vast majority of articles in English can be "pushed" over to
other  languages, and fill a need for those topics in those languages.

-SC