[Foundation-l] Discussion Questions for Potentially-Objectionable Content

R M Harris rmharris at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 22 11:59:58 UTC 2010

Hello. It’s Robert Harris once again. It’s been just over a
month since I began working on the study commissioned by the Wikimedia Board on
Potentially Objectionable Content on WMF projects. During that time, I’ve
spoken to many people inside and outside Wikimedia, but the time has come, I
think, to actively begin a discussion within the communities about some of the
questions which I've encountered, specifically around Commons and
images within Commons.  To that end,
I’ve posted a series of questions for discussion on the Meta page that hosts
the study (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:2010_Wikimedia_Study_of_Controversial_Content.) Please feel free to visit the page and contribute to the
discussion. And please post the link, if you might, anywhere within the
projects where you think it might be relevant.
I look forward to the comments of any of you who wish to join the discussion.