[Foundation-l] Boycott in ace at wiki

James Alexander jamesofur at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 21:21:29 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Casey Brown <lists at caseybrown.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 3:35 PM,  <wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > Prodego wrote:
> >> As another update to this situation, all admins on acewiki have now been
> >> desysoped, and the template removed.
> >>

> > Well done that will certainly show the natives who wears the boots.
> >

> Prodego forgot to mention that that was after an edit war and the
> blocking of a few stewards and global sysops.  *That's* why they were
> desysoped, not because they had a view conflicting with ours.
>
> --
> Casey Brown
> Cbrown1023

To be fair the original "emergency" desysop of the project proposer and
probably most active user Si_Gam_Acèh was done for the edit warring on the
main page http://ace.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ôn_Keuë&action=history<http://ace.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%C3%94n_Keu%C3%AB&action=history>
last
night.

 There were no blocks of stewards or global sysops etc before that desysop.
I'm going to be honest when I say I think the other sysops responses were
more reactions to THAT desysop then anything else. I posted on the RfC right
after I saw that last night and was very worried it would only go downhill
after it :/. The only thing I see coming out of this at the moment is
"proof" that we are indeed pushing our own opinion on the local community
and as many problems I see with the template I'm not sure this is being
handled well :(.

James