[Foundation-l] Privacy etc - merging data

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 20:13:22 UTC 2010

On 17 July 2010 18:29, Sue Gardner <susanpgardner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry -- is there a question outstanding?  I know Nathan posted some questions about the annual plan (which I think Veronique'll answer, and if she she doesn't I will).  If there was something else, I think it slipped right past me.

Lodewijk requested some clarification about the new stakeholder
database. In particular, whether consent would be sought before
storing information that was divulged without an intention for it to
be put in a database. Also, whether the Foundation would voluntarily
follow European standards for determining whether it is appropriate to
store certain information and how to protect it rather than just
following the much weaker US laws that it is legally obliged to
follow.