[Foundation-l] Boycott in ace at wiki

wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 17 17:25:31 UTC 2010

Nathan wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 10:11 AM,  <wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> When why aren't they linking to the Mohammed article rather than the
>> specific articles that have piss taking images, or images of him
>> trampling on the 10 commandments, or being tortured in hell?
>>
>> Unless there is evidence to the contrary I'm inclined to believe that
>> *you* have taken a knee jerk islamaphobic stance climbed up a flag p[ole
>> and are currently waving your knickers in the air. I'm interested to see
>> just how you are going to get yourself back down with a modicum of dignity.
>>

> The first link goes to the "depictions of Muhammad" article, which
> includes all kinds of images and not just obviously offensive ones.
> The idea of banning images of Muhammad is not limited to just this
> template on Aceh Wikipedia - they didn't invent it, it's an article of
> Islamic faith that *all* images of Muhammad are prohibited. On the
> English Wikipedia there have been many, many debates (and protests,
> boycotts, online petitions, etc.) about whether and how the
> [[Muhammad]] article should be illustrated with images of its subject.

They link to example pages that *contain insulting* images they do not
say that each and every image on those pages is insulting. Also they do
not link to the main article on Muhammad which does contain images but
not insulting ones. You'd think would have singled out the main article
if it was *every* image.