[Foundation-l] Boycott in ace at wiki

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 18:14:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Pavlo Shevelo <pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com> wrote:

>> No, that's completely incorrect. Wikipedias are per language, not per
>> country, and no country owns the wiki in its language.
>
> I'm completely agree on that and would add (to make it closer to
> context of  Excirial wording):
>
> ... nor per country neither per culture, and no culture own no
> Wikipedia in no language.

Er, en:wp, and other languages, are outstandingly "owned" by the
Western democratic cultures of the US and Europe.

It's what makes us able to show pictures that those of another culture
might be willing to kill someone for.

I think that's fine. More than fine, I would go on a march for those
rights. Had I been born into a muslim family I would probably think
completely differently. I don't see how the fact of my birth in one or
the other can make me any more or less "neutral".

en.User:Bodnotbod