[Foundation-l] 2010-11 Annual Plan Now Posted to FoundationWebsite

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 22:59:25 UTC 2010

On 15 July 2010 22:35, Philippe Beaudette <pbeaudette at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hiya -
>
> I asked Danese, who is currently buried under about 20 pounds of stuff
> after coming back from Wikimania, to further describe the stakeholder
> database.  Her response is:
>
> Sue has a vision for a single master database that tracks our
> interactions with movement participants.  It is intended to help us
> better respond to requests from individuals by joining all the info we
> have from prior interactions with that person.  This will be
> particularly important as we grow the staff, because current
> onboarding time requires long "buddy system" pairings with existing
> staff to teach how to best interact.  So for instance, if you have had
> a Wikipedia account since 2005, have made enough edits to become, say,
> an Admin, have uploaded 100 images to Commons, have been a donor every
> year and have responded helpfully to many OTRS requests, there should
> be a quick way for a new staffer to learn those facts.  All of this
> information is available to the staff now, just not in an aggregated
> place.
>
> Danese
>
> I had understood that another use-case for such a database is when an
external organisation (e.g. a local library in some city where there is no
Chapter presence) asks for a local Wikimedian to come and give a
presentation or advice on how to get involved. Such a database (IIRC) should
be able to produce a list of people who a) live in that local area, b) are
happy/able to give public presentations and c) know about the specific
subject being requested e.g. Wikisource.

-Liam
wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata