[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikimedia Announce] Note from the Board Chair

Jan-Bart de Vreede janbart at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 12 21:08:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

Just a short note from me (currently stuck in Cologne due to cancelled trains ;(

After being fortunate enough to have been able to serve four years as Vice Chair of the Wikimedia Foundation and the departure of Michael I was not as enthousiastic about being the vice chair again. The board reflected on this and decided to elect Stuart (and I am grateful that he stepped up to be a candidate). So no special reason and I think that the new officer team will have a great fresh start to help guide the rest of the board through the coming exciting year.

Just to make sure I am clear on this... this is not a farewell to the board  or anything like that for me, I serve at the request of the rest of the board, and will most likely be available to do so again next year if called upon :) Its an honor to be part of such a great endeavour and being at Wikimania re-affirmed my strong beliefs that this is an incredible movement with enormous potential!

Jan-Bart

PS: And yes: Stuart is treasurer because he has that specific skill.

PS2: I know everyone has probably already said it, but thanks SO much to the people that made this Wikimania possible