[Foundation-l] Discussion about proposal for multilingual Wiktionary

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 08:33:06 UTC 2010

Hoi,
One of the things we did at OmegaWiki was create a proof of concept
demonstrating the categories of Commons using a dictionary.. The category
"horse" would be translated to "paard" for the Dutch and "Pferd" for the
Germans.

In this way we demonstrated that having dictionary content in a database
format allows for application of that data for other purposes.
Thanks,
     GerardM