[Foundation-l] Monthly Recurring Giving

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 12:28:08 UTC 2010

Phillipe,
congratulations on this! I suspect this will be the beginning of a whole new
revenue stream that might eventually surpass the "once a year" effort we
have always relied on. I know in Australia at least that this is a very
common method for charities to request donations as it results in a larger
total donation from the individual over time, makes it easier to build a
longterm relationship with the donor (through a monthly newsletter or
whatever) and also a more assured revenue stream for the organisation. It's
also good to see that the WMF is diversifying the methods of giving.

When you say that you'll be announcing it to "past donors" - do you mean the
people who've donated so far during this year's fundraiser, or anyone who
has donated going back several years? If the latter - how long does the
database go back and how many individual donors have there been?

-Liam

wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata