[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

Andrea Zanni zanni.andrea84 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 11:37:43 UTC 2010

DISCLAIMER: this is a delicate issue that could easily generate a flame. So
please everybody presume the good faith and stay on topic :-)

I don't really know if this issue as been discussed in earlier threads (I
subscribed to this list after Gdansk and the only pertinent thing I found is
here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2011/Bids/Haifa/Q%26A#Participants),
but I would like to know if there are updates about the possibility for
Middle East citizens to have permissions to enter Israel for Wikimania 2011.
I guess this type of permission is not easy to obtain (I'm thinking for
example about citizens of Syria, West Bank or Iran) and I also remember a
discussion in Gdansk (with Jan Bart, just after the World Cup Final :-( )
about some initiatives we could support to increase participation. Are there
any news or updates? Could I find some information somewhere?
Thank you in advance.

Aubrey