[Foundation-l] Organization on Wikipedia that deals with content issues.

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Mon Aug 9 13:19:32 UTC 2010

>> Well, you're probably looking at it the wrong way; if something
mediation
> committee-like is being talked about, telling X or Z what to do is not
the
> purpose. Instead it's to get X and Z to (grudgingly) meet at Y. I agree
> that
> the general scope of this needs to be clarified, however. If it's being
> talked about in the same vein as the global arbitration committee, there
> are
> problems (the same problems, in fact).

This is fine with me, but do X and Z work on an article in the same
project (say Swahili Wikibooks)? If yes, then this project has its own
conflict resolution avenues (if it does not we are back to the Mediation
Committee issue) which they soon or later will be obliged to follow. If
they do not work on an article I am afraid they can argue with each other
till eternity on Meta and no committee would ever help.

Cheers
Yaroslav