[Foundation-l] Push translation

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 08:52:39 UTC 2010

Michael Galvez, 05/08/2010 15:12:
> Sorry for coming into this discussion a bit late.  I'm one of the members of
> Google's translation team, and I wanted to make myself available for
> feedback/questions.

Thank you, you've explained some important things.

> There is spell check in Translator Toolkit, although it's not available for
> all languages.  We don't have any punctuation checks today and I doubt that
> we can release this anytime soon.  (If it's not available in Google Docs or
> Gmail, then it's unlikely that we'll have it for Translator Toolkit, as
> well, since we use the same infrastructure.)

What are supported languages? I see that OOo has some 100 dictionares
(and some are really great).
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries

Michael Galvez, 06/08/2010 19:47:
 > 3. We acquire dictionaries on limited licenses from other parties.  In
 > general, while we can surface this content on our own sites (e.g., Google
 > Translate, Google Dictionary, Google Translator Toolkit), we don't have
 > permission to donate that data to other sites.

I see (this is crucial).
How many dictionaries did you acquire? Does this affect also "small"
languages? What about out of print bilingual dictionaries (especially in
"biggest" languages, where there are lots of them)? Do you acquire them
on limited licenses, too, or you try to acquire them completely instead?

Nemo