[Foundation-l] Status of flagged protection (flagged revisions) for English Wikipedia.

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Sep 28 22:44:40 UTC 2009

2009/9/28 Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>:
> "Bad faith" — I don't think those words means what you think they mean.

If it was our intention to not implement Flagged Protection, then we
(WMF) wouldn't have said the opposite publicly. Instead, we would be
communicating about why we're not implementing it. Our only
communication about this has been, and will always be,
straightforward.

It's your right to question allocation of resources. I would ask you
to keep in mind that a) some resources are allocated in a fixed manner
due to the funding source (e.g. usability), b) just because you can
spend successfully in one department, doesn't mean you can spend
successfully in another, c) initiatives like the strategy process are
essential precisely to do the best possible job to choose between many
competing priorities, all of which are very important to their
respective petitioners. As I said, there's quite a bit of foundational
growth that needs to happen in the tech department to improve
responsiveness and capacity of the core team. Referrals are welcome.

As for FlaggedRevs, we'll whip the prototype into shape ASAP and take
it from there.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation