[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Italia being sued

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:21:28 UTC 2009

Nemo, can you explain why this message is offensive to Wikimedia Italia,
since it does not refer at all to Wikimedia Italia, but to Italian press
reports about claimed cases against the *Wikimedia Foundation* (not
Wikimedia Italia) that have surfaced in the past in the Italian press?

I apologize if my wording has somehow been bad enough to be interpreted as
saying something about Wikimedia Italia, but I think a careful reading of my
words shows that it refers to certain Italian press stories that made false
factual claims about lawsuits that seem never to have filed.

Nothing at all negative was said or intended about Wikimedia Italia.

--Mike Godwin
General Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation