[Foundation-l] Use of moderation

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 04:44:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Austin Hair<adhair at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Improving_Foundation-l for
> brainstorming of how to make this list a little bit less of a
> cesspool.  Please feel free to ignore the initial thoughts I banged
> out as a starting point and refactor as you will.  If there's
> consensus on a better model, I'll happily implement it; even if there
> isn't, at least getting more people's thoughts on the matter is a
> start.

Let's try something different: As a list moderator, make a working
group to make a proposal (ask foundation-l participants to join you
and make some selection). When your group make a proposal, put it on
public discussion. And after changing the proposal according to
reasonable suggestions, implement it. I think that three months are
enough for this task.

Without any model, all of us may talk about everything: Tim suggested
forum, I would suggest that we should wait until Google Wave becomes
reality. And we may continue to talk about everything endlessly.

At the other side, I think that the vast majority of us would be happy
with some user-friendly, free speech-friendly and workable solution.