[Foundation-l] Welcome Moka Pantages to the Foundation!

Jay Walsh jwalsh at wikimedia.org
Sat Oct 24 00:03:28 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Earlier this week I had the pleasure of announcing the addition of
Moka Pantages to the Foundation staff.  We've been busy with all-staff
meetings, so I haven't had a chance to share this news with you
earlier.  Moka will report to me, here at our offices in San
Francisco.  She'll be taking on some specific communications projects,
supporting staff on their communications needs, and hopefully leading
some new initiatives with the chapters.  You may start seeing her name
on the lists and on the WMF blog as well.

Moka is new to the San Francisco Bay Area, previously living in Seoul,
South Korea where she worked for the Seoul Broadcasting Service as a
Program Manager while completing her MA at Yonsei University.  Prior
to her move to Seoul, she lived in Seattle and Austin, Texas while
working with Porter Novelli, a multinational public relations agency
based in New York.  Moka is originally from the DC/Metro area where
she graduated from the University of Maryland, and began her career in
communications working at a local NGO, the Black Leadership Council
for Excellence, and as an intern on Capitol Hill with Senator Barbra
Mikulski.

Join me in welcoming Moka!

Thanks,

Jay Walsh