[Foundation-l] Can you tell us about ... - An Idea to encourage more edits

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Tue Nov 24 13:38:48 UTC 2009

Hello folks,

this is a suggestion to encourage more edits. It is both a topic for
every of our projects but also of most of the  foundation projects. So I
post it here at first and will welcome everyone to carry it to the
single projects.

On the home page of our projects for example en-wp we have the column
"Did you know..." where we feature the new created articles. The idea is
to create a column where we put in articles that does not exist or that
are stubs and should be improved.

The column look like:

Can you tell us about ...
* the pianist [[Veryan Weston]]
* the [[Kansas City Philamonics]]
* the bird [[Black-eared Seedeater]]

etc.

The column should be at a prominant place so that every visitor can see
it. The requested articles can be selected by multiple ways, the
community can discuss the way and establish a procedure.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Veryan_Weston&action=edit&redlink=1>

--
Ting

Ting's Blog: http://wingphilopp.blogspot.com/