[Foundation-l] Minors and sexual explicit stuff

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 14:40:36 UTC 2009

Here is a good example of what can happen when we set free those children
who "have gained the trust of their parents to use the internet within
whatever
limits those parents (or, indeed, the minor) believe is appropriate":

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/big-issues/200907/wisconsin-high-school-sex-scandal-online-facebook?currentPage=all

So, if that's too long for you to read and consider the implications,
there's always
this Wikimedia image that has received nearly 2,000 page views this month:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cock_and_Ball_Torture.jpg

Or, there's this one that has captured the attention of over 2,000 visitors
this month:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Estim_penis.jpg

I have trouble understanding how these images help "that girl in Africa"
emerge
from the abject poverty that surrounds her, but I'll trust you guys (we're
all adults here,
right?) that you're helping to fulfill that mission with publication of
images like these,
with little to no concern whether there are minors consuming them.

Gregory Kohs