[Foundation-l] Minors and sexual explicit stuff

private musings thepmaccount at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 01:04:52 UTC 2009

Hi all,

On Wikipedia Review, 'tarantino' pointed out that on WMF projects,
self-identified minors (in this case User:Juliancolton) are involved in
routine maintenance stuff around sexually explicit images reasonably
describable as porn (one example is 'Masturbating Amy.jpg').

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=27358&st=0&p=204846&#entry204846

I think this is wrong on a number of levels - and I'd like to see better
governance from the foundation in this area - I really feel that we need to
talk about some child protection measures in some way - they're overdue.

I'd really like to see the advisory board take a look at this issue - is
there a formal way of suggesting or requesting their thoughts, or could I
just ask here for a board member or community member with the advisory
board's ear to raise this with them.

best,

Peter,
PM.