[Foundation-l] List moderation

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 19:30:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 6:46 AM, Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> wrote:
> I'm taking the liberty of putting foundation-l on temporary moderation.
> Seriously, guys -- take the "who's a bigger jerk" threads offlist.
>
> The regular list mods may reconfigure any way they like once they wake up.

I woke up to this a couple of hours ago, and since then I've concluded
that everyone could probably use a breather.  Expect foundation-l to
be closed to traffic for the next day or so.

In the meantime, I encourage everyone to take another look at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Improving_Foundation-l -- there was
some great initial feedback, but we've just seen where trying to
discuss this topic on the list got us.  (Big surprise: generating more
list traffic on the subject of too much list traffic is
counterproductive.)

It wouldn't be fair for me to say more when nobody else has the
ability to respond, so I'll leave it there, but hopefully I'll see
some of you on the wiki.

Austin