[Foundation-l] Usability Study Results (Sneak Preview)

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Fri May 8 16:45:38 UTC 2009

El 5/8/09 9:21 PM, phoebe ayers escribió:
> About this: on en:wp, at least, under user preferences/gadgets, users
> can turn this on themselves by clicking the "Add an [edit] link for
> the lead section of a page" box. Is there any particular reason not to
> turn this on by default for everyone? Could be (one small) problem
> (temporarily) solved.

We disabled the section-0 edit link a couple years ago because it
interfered with the floating infoboxes and images which appear at the
top of most pages.

Finding a way to put it back that's reliable and interferes with neither
floating boxes nor the various badge icons that a lot of templated put
in above the line is on the task list. :) Once it's back permanently we
can dump the temporary gadgets.

-- brion