[Foundation-l] Board position statement

Robert Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Tue Mar 24 22:52:52 UTC 2009

Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
> Where can we vote?
> Thanks,
>      GerardM
>
> 2009/3/24 Michael Snow <wikipedia at verizon.net>
>

>> As Sue has mentioned, the board earlier agreed on a statement regarding
>> the license transition, which is as follows:
>>
>> The Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation invites the Wikimedia
>> community to vote on this proposal
>>
>> --Michael Snow

My question isn't so much when and where, but rather who can vote on
this proposal.  More to the point, stakeholders in the content of
Wikimedia sites includes a whole bunch of people who may not necessarily
fit the criteria that is typical for voting on WMF board members and
stewards.... myself included.  I haven't exactly been an active
participant on this mailing list, nor lately on many of the Wikimedia
projects, but I have contributed a fair amount of content to the
Wikimedia projects over the years spanning multiple projects.

I certainly think my voice ought to count for something, together with
other people who are in my position and situation.

-- Robert Horning