[Foundation-l] Fundraising Data Dump

Troy McConaghy troy.mcconaghy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 19:50:32 UTC 2009

Hello,

I massaged the data in 2008_Fundraiser.csv.gz and uploaded it to
swivel.comwith a CC-BY license. You can see it there, along with
summary statistics
and graphs at:

http://www.swivel.com/data_sets/show/1017757

If you sort by "Converted Amount (USD)" you'll see that there are 15
donations of 0.00 USD. Even more interesting, all but one of the zero
donations came in at 12:00:00 am, but the dates of those zero donations
vary. I suspect there's a bug somewhere.

There is one donation of 0.01 ILS (Israeli New Shekels), which got converted
to 0.00 USD. That one came in on Dec 25, 2008 at 1:32:38 pm.

As for the other data set, in 2008_Fundraiser_Tracking.csv.gz, there seems
to be some problems with the data, or maybe I don't know how to interpret
it. A typical row will look like this:

2008_nometer_2,sitenotice,fundraiser2008,38.24,30.00,EUR,DE

or

2008_quote_love_library,sitenotice,fundraiser2008,,,,

and that's all well and good, but then there are rows like this:

,,,14.10,10.00,EUR,DE

and I don't know what to do with those. They have no values for template,
tracking source, or campaign.

Sincerely,
Troy McConaghy