[Foundation-l] Anthony subthread (was Proposed revised attribution language)

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 18:41:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anthony,
>>
>> If you don't mind, let's be specific.
>

> I have no problem with being specific, but it probably isn't in my best
> interest to answer some of your questions.  Sorry.
>
> Which edits are yours?  (Were you User:Anthony?)
>>

> Unless something changed recently, I believe I still am [[User:Anthony]].
> I've also contributed under many other accounts (mostly single-purpose
> accounts, though I have a few longstanding sockpuppets, none of which I've
> used after the release of GFDL 1.3).
>
> Your other questions seem to be in the form of a negotiation.  I'm willing
> to negotiate, but only with people who can speak on behalf of the party I'm
> negotiating with, and not on a public mailing list.
>
> I'm perfectly willing to answer questions about which of my rights I feel
> are being violated, but I'd rather not get into publicly ordering these
> rights and measuring their importance to me (just as I wouldn't want a used
> car dealer to know how bad I really want that particular car).

Implicit in my questions was an honest desire to understand your
specific concerns and help address them if possible.  Yes, some of
that comes in the form of prioritization and trying to distinguish
between what you see as major issues and what are minor complaints
(many people can probably think of minor complaints about the GFDL and
its use, but those same people rarely feel this requires that one stop
editing).

If you feel uncomfortable spelling out your concerns, then I'll
respect that and move on.  Though you obviously know that if you are
unable to take your concerns to the community, then that seriously
restricts the number of people who could even consider helping you.  I
get the impression that there are things you do want from
Wikipedia/WMF which haven't been addressed, and I wish you well in
finding some resolution.

-Robert Rohde