[Foundation-l] Attribution survey, first results

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.yu
Sun Mar 15 17:21:08 UTC 2009

Дана Wednesday 04 March 2009 19:00:25 Thomas Dalton написа:
> maintaining what they consider adequate attribution). The options
> given, in order of simplest to most difficult are:
>
> No credit
> Credit to "Wikipedia" (or similar)
> Link to article
> Link to history
> link online, full list of authors offline
> full list of authors
>
> (Does anyone disagree with that ordering? I don't think it should be
> very controversial. I would be interested to know how many people

I disagree completely with these options. The options do not include one of
the possibilities that was most mentioned here: a list of all the relevant
authors. Also, the question had biased wording: "Please note that especially
popular articles can have hundreds or thousands of contributors" but
not "Please note that people without Internet access can not see the list of
authors if it is given as a link".