[Foundation-l] Proposed revised attribution language

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 01:58:46 UTC 2009

2009/3/15 Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com>:
> Hehe, I am way ahead of you, brother.
>
> I've already sort of put the idea out there, discreetly,
> that it would be cool if there was a url redirection service
> on wikimedia servers, that would shorten the urls into
> something like http://wmattr/342y6 or the like (perhaps
> even http://wpattr/342y6 ; http://wsattr/342y6 ; http://wnattr/342y6
> and the like. Of course it would be better if it would
> direct (in the future at least) to a stripped history
> without the summaries.

Presumably you mean to have a ".org" in there?

I think the summaries are necessary, though - they are where we put
details of where non-original content has come from. You can't just
attribute the content you are reusing to the appropriate Wikimedians,
you need to attribute it to the actual creators.