[Foundation-l] Proposed revised attribution language

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 04:35:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Rich media (images, sound,
> video, etc.) that are the result of substantive collaborations between
> at least five people can be credited in the same fashion, but must
> otherwise be attributed in the manner specified by the uploader.

This is unclear.  "but must otherwise" can be read to apply only to
rich media that are 5+ collaborations and for which a reuser chooses
not to use the above "same fashion" author list.  But I assume
"attributed in the manner specified by the uploader" ought to apply
both in the 5+ cases where a "same fashion" list is not used and in
all cases with rich media made by 4 or fewer people.

-Sage