[Foundation-l] Academic article review

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Thu Mar 5 07:50:51 UTC 2009

> But I do not believe that experts should have any special powers in
> the editing of articles.
>
> Rather, I think they should be encouraged to act in a pure review
> capacity, assessing the existing work of Wikipedians, and making
> recommendations for improvement.  This might also be partially
> implemented through flagged revs, and I could also envision a type of
> button at the top of articles that says "see last version assessed by
> an expert".

My point is actually that for majority of articles on science-ralated (and
possibly some article on humanity-related, here I understand the situation
less) there is nothing to review - they are either stubs or non-existent.
Somebody needs to write them. You can consider this as a kind of review if
you wish.

Cheers
Yaroslav